Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR), on August 30 introduced its all-new Matterport Pro3 camera along with major updates to its industry-leading digital twin cloud platform. The Pro3 represents a major advancement in 3D capture technology, digitizing every aspect of the physical world, indoors and out. Matterport's next-generation digital twins platform leverages the company's groundbreaking immersive virtual experiences to enable advanced collaboration and productivity, resulting in cost savings and increased revenue for organizations of all sizes, from small companies to multinationals.
These new offerings come as global demand for digital twins – interactive and visually immersive 3D models of buildings and spaces – continues to rise. According to Forrester Research, 55% of global software technology decision makers have already adopted digital twins. As an industry leader, Matterport saw 52% growth in total subscribers in the second quarter compared to the same period a year earlier, and its digital twins platform is already used by 23% of Fortune 1000 companies.
For RJ Pittman, Chairman and CEO of Matterport: “Today is a watershed day for 3D technology with the introduction of the most powerful products Matterport has ever created. Our new Pro3 camera and cloud platform create some of the most accurate, immersive and breathtaking digital twins in the world. The opportunity has never been greater for companies to embrace the power of Matterport's digital twins to transform their business. »
Matterport Enterprise Solutions
Digital twins allow business leaders to confidently navigate an uncertain economic environment while accelerating productivity for a mobile, global workforce. 79% of business leaders cite cost savings and 71% operational efficiencies as key drivers of their digital twin investments. That's why the new Pro3 camera and cloud platform has been designed to meet business demands for flexibility, reliability and security, making Matterport's digital twin platform one of the most trusted in the industry.
Advances in the new Pro3 camera and cloud platform make it easier than ever to create immersive digital twins for customers. Customers from all industries - factories, retailers, hotels and airlines - report that digital twins have reduced project times by 30% and cut travel costs by up to 50% through better collaboration at distance. A commercial real estate client reported closing sales up to 85% faster. Hospitality customers are seeing reservations and occupancy rates increase by 14% at properties with a digital twin.
And the benefits aren't just for big business: Realtors who use digital twins get up to 74% more goods et 71% of individual buyers say they are now ready to buy a house without having seen it if they have a 3D digital tour.
Matterport's Digital Twins Platform
Matterport has envisioned a new cloud-based software platform that lets you create, publish, and manage digital twins of buildings and spaces of any size and shape, indoors or outdoors. All of these new features integrate seamlessly to enable customers to securely create immersive environments to explore and collaborate for their employees, customers and partners.
Among the key features, it is possible:
- Maximize productivity from a single digital twin through a new collaborative work tool called Views, to allow groups and large organizations to create separate workflows, through a permissions system, to manage different tasks with different teams, such as: virtual inspections, remote training, space planning, personalized virtual tours, and much more.
- Increase customer engagement, productivity and conversion rate with all-new guided tours and labels that enhance the visitor experience. Now, marketing and sales teams can create virtual tours of any commercial or residential space tailored to their visitors' interests, and operations teams can create guided online trainings for remote workers.
- Go further by using Matterport's "on demand" capture services, available in major cities around the world and ever more efficient with the new Pro3 camera, and thus obtain a professional digital twin of the highest quality , made by a capture technician. Capture Services for Enterprise can scan a single space or a portfolio of thousands of buildings, indoors or outdoors. Whether it's chain stores, hotel groups, or corporate campuses, it's never been easier to get a photorealistic, dimensionally accurate Matterport digital twin to manage your online properties.
- Access all of the platform's functionalities, wherever you are, thanks to a fully enabled mobile solution that brings together the capabilities of capturing, personalizing, viewing, modifying, publishing and restoring twins with the new Matterport app for iOS and Android devices.
The Matterport Pro3 camera
The Matterport Pro3 camera is Matterport's most advanced 3D capture device, with a powerful combination of sensors working in harmony to create stunning images, indoors and outdoors. No other camera combines the incredible power of this device at this price, making 3D capture more widely accessible.
With a custom 20-megapixel sensor and 12-element lens covering an ultra-wide angle, the Pro3 camera produces sharp, detailed digital twins with vibrant, lifelike colors. High-precision LiDAR sensor advancements capture millions of measurements in a variety of conditions, from dim light to direct sunlight, up to a range of 100 meters, in less than 20 seconds per scan.
The Pro3 camera revolutionizes 3D capture, setting new standards for speed, fidelity, versatility and precision. Whereas the interactive mesh was previously limited to 50.000 polygons, it is now unlimited and the mesh of large spaces can easily exceed one million polygons. New digital twins are now delivered on demand as the user moves through a space, available on mobile and web platforms for all users with faster load times, frame rates faster and much more detail without compromising performance.
Le Cortex AI engine from Matterport is upgraded to capture 5x greater range, allowing customers to transform their indoor and outdoor spaces, even when encountering dense areas like foliage, lighting, and challenging reflective surfaces. The combined power of the new Matterport Digital Twin platform, Pro3 camera, and enhanced Cortex AI engine results in some of the most accurate, immersive, and stunning digital twins ever created.
For Lou Marzano, Vice President of Research and Development and Manufacturing: “The Pro3 camera is the result of years of advanced research and careful listening to our customers. The result is a true revolution in 3D capture technology. The demands of the digital industry push our product standards to new levels, making accuracy, range and mobility essential to our customers' success. We've brought it all together in a handheld device that achieves a new level of price/performance for commercial LiDAR capture. Some of our biggest enterprise customers have already put the Pro3 through its paces capturing large outdoor venues, from stadiums to campuses, with speed and precision never seen before. Like the Pro1 and Pro2 that came before it, the Pro3 camera is in a class of its own and I'm very proud of the team behind another industry first. »
Featuring a striking new design unique to Matterport, the Pro3 is packed with game-changing features, including:
- A 20-megapixel sensor and 12-element lens custom-crafted for ultra-wide capture of large spaces;
- A capture capacity of 100k points per second at depths ranging from 0,5m to 100m;
- A high-precision LiDAR sensor for unparalleled accuracy in various light conditions;
- A camera startup time of less than 40 seconds;
- Removable battery packs for continuous scanning, batteries fully recharge in 3,5 hours;
- Weighs less than 2 kilos 5 - the Pro3 is 30% smaller and 35% lighter than the Pro2 camera;
- A new tripod mount designed for the Pro3 and new cases for maximum portability and protection.
Price and availability
Matterport's Pro3 camera is available at matterport.com/pro3 or at Matterport partner resellers including Amazon, B&H Photo and Video or Adorama.
The Matterport Pro3 camera is priced at 5695 euros and includes:
- A Pro3 camera in a carrying case;
- A tripod stand;
- A battery and charging kit;
- One year warranty.
The Matterport Pro3 Acceleration kit, priced at 7695 euros. It includes everything needed for a full day of catching:
- A Pro3 camera in a carrying case
- 10 Matterport E57 high-density point cloud files to quickly complete large projects;
- 10 MatterPaks to extract floor plans, point cloud files and OBJ files from digital twins;
- A tripod stand;
- Two batteries with a charging kit;
- A tripod, a trolley, two doorstops, a hard case and a backpack;
- A 3-year warranty on the Pro3 camera and tripod mount
Accessories are available separately in the US, UK and EU through Amazon. For pricing information, visit the Matterport website.
Pro3 camera availability by region:
- North America: orders open today, estimated ship date early September 2022.
- EMEA/Asia Pacific: opening of orders imminent (date to be confirmed), estimated shipping date at the beginning of October 2022.