Rustol CIP (Corrosion Inhibitor Primer) is a universal undercoat before all types of paint without the risk of soaking or poor adhesion of subsequent layers. It can be applied both indoors and outdoors.
It is also an anti-rust covering with all types of mono and two-component paints: polyurethane, epoxy, chlorinated rubber, automotive paint ...
Ideal for difficult ambient conditions (maritime or tropical climates, corrosive vapors, protection of motor vehicles, public works equipment and boat ballasts, which it effectively protects.) It can withstand + 175 ° C.
Rustol CIP: durably and effectively protect substrates.
RUSTOL CIP (Corrosive Inhibiting Primer) is an anticorrosive covering with different types of coatings. Special difficult conditions.
Universal undercoat before all types of paint without risk of sogging or poor adhesion of subsequent layers (except Xylene paints). • Applies to new or oxidized substrates indoors and outdoors. • Sustainable action by penetration and passivation of the support; perfect insulation of healthy metal, exceptional adhesion. • Reinforced protection thanks to active pigments and perfect film-forming qualities. • Easy to use, does not require prior sanding of the support. • Temperature resistance up to + 175 ° C.
- Interior Exterior
- RUSTOL CIP is recommended in all cases of severe ambient conditions: maritime or tropical climates, corrosive vapors, protection of motor vehicles, public works equipment and boat ballasts that it effectively protects
- RUSTOL CIP is especially recommended as an undercoat when two-component paints or paints with high solvent power (urethanes, epoxies, chlorinated rubber, bodywork synthetics, ...)
The support must imperatively be degreased and free of any brushing / sanding residue before the application of RUSTOL CIP
- Oxidized support:
- RUSTOL CIP uses healthy, non-friable rust for optimal adhesion
- Remove friable rust by simply brushing
- Degrease with a non-oxidizing solvent such as White-Spirit, acetone
- New non-oxidized support:
- Imperative careful preparation of the support (degreasing with white spirit or acetone + sanding grain 60-120)
Recommendations before application
Stir well before and during use to resuspend the pigments. Do not dilute. The surface must be perfectly dry, clean and degreased. Cover anything that should not be painted, especially if applied with a roller or spray gun. If in doubt, give it a try first.
Apply a thin layer of RUSTOL CIP directly onto the substrate without making any extra thickness. The objective is to impregnate and not to completely mask the support. • Then allow to dry for at least 48 hours (temperature 20 ° C and 50% RH) before covering (72 hours for a quick-drying finish). RUSTOL CIP must be completely dry before covering. A glycerophthalic finish will apply at least 48 hours after the application of RUSTOL CIP (complete drying) without exceeding 7 days.
Recommendations after application
- Recondition opened packaging or return closed jars
- Soaked rags should never be thrown directly in the trash, dry them flat beforehand
The drying time varies according to 3 parameters:
- Ambient temperature (ideally between 10 and 25 ° C)
- Relative humidity (ideally between 50 and 60%)
- A well ventilated work area
If one of these conditions is not fulfilled, the drying time of RUSTOL CIP must be increased at the risk of “curling the finish”.
- 15 m² / l. The practical yield varies according to the type, the surface condition