To design, build and maintain a green roof, in the rules of the art!
This guide covers the whole process of implementing a green roof:
- project design;
- choice of load-bearing elements and the insulation-waterproofing complex;
- choice of revegetation complex;
- treatment of specific works;
- unsuitable sprinkler system and roof areas;
- maintenance of green roofs and terraces.
This guide is based on the DTUs of series 43, the CSFEADIVET-Building envelope professional rules, Fascicle 35 of the CCTG "Landscaping" and the product standards in force.
This new edition takes into account the evolutions of the rules of the art on the basis of the new professional rules and the Technical Opinions of revegetation processes. Two new chapters on stakeholders in the chain and on the preparatory work for the roof (delimitation of planted and unplanted areas, etc.) as part of the implementation of revegetation are proposed. Among the complements of this new edition, we can also cite, in chapter 3, the distinction made between load-bearing elements for structural use (multi-use planted terraces partially accessible) and for non-structural use (planted terrace not accessible). The section on revegetation has also been updated.
This new edition was written by Ismaël Baraud, evaluation engineer at the Waterproofing Covering Pole of the Insulation and Soils Envelope Department of CSTB, and Claude Guinaudeau, expert in landscape and environmental techniques.
In this section:
▪ The field of application of the guide ▪ The contributors ▪ The design of the greening project ▪ Typology of the greening structures of roofs and terraces ▪ The plants ▪ The prescriptions for the execution of roofing works ▪ The implementation of building structures support ▪ Green roof terraces and sustainable development ▪ Maintenance and upkeep of green roofs ▪ Regulations, standards and other reference documents
Practical guide to sustainable development
This guide will be useful for any professional concerned with a green roof project: project owners, architects, waterproofers, landscapers, contractors, local authorities, urban planning services ...
- Guide based on DTU series 43 and on the Professional Rules.
- No really competitive work.
- Complete guide that covers the whole subject.