The “Environment Trophy for Equipment Manufacturers” was awarded this Tuesday, January 10 ahead of Yellow Partners' Days, an international exhibition organized by the Kiloutou Group and bringing together the team members of its various entities and main suppliers, at the Lille Grand Palais exhibition center. . This year, Volvo is recognized for its commitments to a business model that reconciles sustainability and performance:
- Proactive climate strategy with a Net Zero emission objective in 2040 across its entire value chain, from the supply of raw materials to the end of life of its products,
- Ambitious environmental roadmap with a first step by 2025: gaining 30% efficiency in the logistics system, saving more than 150GWh per year and reaching 65% renewable energy,
- Alternative solutions that allow us to enrich our “IMPAKT” range: 2,7 t electric shovel, 800 L electric articulated loader and fast loader.
Olivier Colleau, Executive Chairman of the Kiloutou group declares: “This trophy symbolizes our desire to work in the sector, by mobilizing our entire ecosystem to accelerate the transition of the sector. By presenting the trophy to Volvo, we salute an approach which benefits everyone and which offers concrete solutions to reduce the environmental impact of worksites”.
Davy Guillemard, President Volvo CE France adds: “This distinction honors the Volvo group and reinforces our commitment to a proactive climate strategy initiated many years ago. We are happy to receive this trophy, it is a recognition of the Volvo Group as a leader in Services & Solutions that contribute to sustainable development, to reducing our carbon footprint and to shaping the world in which we want to live" .
Yani Penet, Chairman and CEO of Volvo Financial Services France completes: "Our common commitment is decisive in achieving our environmental impact reduction objectives. We are proud to be able, through obtaining this trophy, to pursue our partnership and continue to facilitate the environmental transition of Kiloutou and our customers with complete AND simple solutions".
Created in 2021 by Kiloutou, the “Environment Trophy for Equipment Manufacturers” is part of the Group's environmental, societal and territorial impact strategy.
A player in the sharing and functionality economy, Kiloutou participates through its virtuous model in the decarbonization of construction sites. As a reminder, the equipment rental business can reduce the carbon emissions of rented equipment by up to 50% compared to owned equipment over its entire life cycle (SGS Search / Climate Neutral Group / CE Delft, June 2019).
Committed to a low-carbon strategy (40% reduction in its direct CO2 emissions by 2030 and achieving carbon neutrality by 2050), the Kiloutou group is deploying, in addition to the “Environment Trophy for Equipment Manufacturers”, initiatives as :
- the “Sustainable Equipment Meetings” which bring together manufacturers, rental companies, construction companies and professional federations to identify the levers of transformation based in particular on studies carried out with Carbone 4 and Arthur D. Little, respectively on technological and economic balances alternative equipment and projections of the energy mix of construction machinery by 2030,
- a proactive R&D policy carried out at the Kiloutou Test Center in the service of environmental transition,
- an “IMPAKT” range bringing together more than 3500 electric, hybrid or dual-energy equipment.