After training in building and civil engineering, Bertrand Bedel began his career as a works supervisor at Cipec then created his own general building company. After two years with the Point P group, he began his career in the concrete products industry in 1983 by joining Premat Yonne, who joined the Alkern group in 1989. For 36 years, he held several positions within the Alkern group, then its chairmanship until April 2019, when he joined its supervisory board. At the same time, Bertrand Bedel chaired between 2001 and 2007 FIB Nord Pas-de-Calais and Picardie.
Its new roadmap is part of the continuity of the mobilization of the FIB, through the work initiated to assert:
- The response of precast concrete solutions to the requirements of RE2020 to promote the sobriety of the frame, with a low carbon impact, excellent thermal performance of the frame and better comfort for the occupants in summer, factory manufacturing to optimize their sections and their mass, the reduction of which directly contributes to reducing the carbon impact and FDES for the majority of products to assess the environmental footprint of works.
- The territorial ecology dynamics of a local industry, with a very dense network of factories throughout France and industrialists anchored in the territories, in a logic of local and sustainable value creation, traceability of materials throughout the production chain.
- The inclusion of the Concrete Industry in the circular economy, in a logic of short circuits, clean construction sites, zero waste, with reduced nuisance for staff and residents, with the use of carbon-free or recycled materials, industrial co-products from re-use or agro-sourced materials 100 % recyclable and an innovative response to new methods of design, construction and selective deconstruction.
- Participation in the work of ECOMINERO, the eco-organization of the mineral sector, of which the FIB is a founding member, to provide optimized and adapted solutions for the recovery of inert building waste, as part of the implementation of EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility).
The Federation of the Concrete Industry (FIB) helps in France to promote the interests of industrial manufacturers of concrete products and ensures the representation of this industrial sector with public authorities, local communities and the professional environment. It represents 100% of French VSEs, SMEs and SMIs, a very dense regional network of industrialists, local industrial companies creating wealth and direct local jobs that cannot be relocated.
The Concrete Industry represents in France
- 461 companies
- 722 production sites spread throughout France
- 96% of French SMEs-SMIs anchored in the territories
- €2,8 billion in turnover, ex-factory, excluding taxes and transport, including:
- 67,4% to the building industry
- 32,6% for public works and civil engineering
- 20 million tons of concrete products
- 19 direct and non-relocatable jobs
- The 1st employer in the quarrying and building materials industries
- Proximity of delivery to construction sites: between 30 and 100 km for most products
- Proximity to raw materials: no more than 50 km on average from a factory
- A 100% local production network close to the markets